Frames is your timeless, curated, private, media tab.
/view/URLs can only be accessed by the poster and their followers.
- Consider putting your
/view/@user@instanceURL in your fediverse bio so that others can easily see that you use Frames, and see what you've published.
any-subdomain.frames.placeto separate your accounts. Your browser will remember one account for each subdomain.
- You can upload images to any file host. You might find it useful to upload them to the fediverse as a direct post with no recipients, then take the URL.
- Frames uses a light or dark theme automatically based on your
- Frames: the name of this website
- frames: the term for posts that have been published on Frames. each frame has one image and can have optional text.
- fediverse: interconnected social networks. see https://fediverse.party/
- poster: a person who publishes frames
- viewer: a person who looks at frames that another person has published
56 published frames, by 13 people. The server has lived for 637 days.
- The server stores this data about you:
- Your fediverse account name and authentication data
- Dates, content, and image URLs for all frames you publish, until you delete them
- The server does not store:
- Any other data about your fediverse account
- Copies of images that you publish
- You can delete any or all of your published frames forever using the interface.
- You can make the server forget you ever existed by contacting @firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours to respond and act.
Frames protects you in these ways:
- Both users must sign in with their fediverse accounts, and then the server looks up both accounts and their following relationship.
- Follow requests do not count as following.
- The relationship is looked up on the poster's instance, not the viewer's instance.
- Viewers who unfollow the poster, either through choice or because the poster blocked them, will no longer be able to view the poster's frames. (In some situations, it may take up to 4 hours to refresh the server's following status cache.)
However, keep in mind that:
- By design, viewers can see all frames you have ever published, even if they only recently followed you.
- Image URLs, and the images themselves, are still not protected. A viewer who gets access legitimately but has malicious intent can save and reupload your content without restriction.
- Send questions, positive comments, and feature requests to @email@example.com
- Send reports of security issues via email. You can find my address on the page https://cadence.moe/about/contact
- Send hate speech to /dev/null
While every effort has been taken to ensure the security and privacy of people's data, Frames comes with absolutely no guarantees.
Frames is provided with no warranty of any kind. The software authors shall not be held liable for any claims, damages, security issues, data leaks, or other liabilities, which arise from, out of, or in connection with the software.
You are encouraged to review the source code to make informed decisions about its security and safety.